Monday, May 26, 2008

I DARE YOU...

Four more days until I arrive in Orlando--I can already taste the Atlantic. I'll be spending eleven weeks interning with Relevant, a magazine published by Relevant Media Group based in Florida. I'm really excited but to be perfectly honest, I am really nervous. I still have yet to determine whether or not I'm going to need a second job (the internship is not paid). Also as of today, I do not have a place to stay after I fly in on Friday night. As much sleep as my Dad is losing over this, I feel that it is almost a blessing in disguise. This may sound horrible, and perhaps disastrous, but I hardly ever have a real plan (despite the fact that I have been raised to have a plan for everything). As safe and helpful as plans are, I think that this fiasco is just what I need. Yes, I'll admit it. I need this. I need to know there is a slight chance I will have to sleep on a park bench for a few nights. I need to know that I am most likely going to be getting everything I need at the local dollar store. I need to know that I can leave this place not knowing what to expect. This is where I thrive. This is what forces me learn. This is what makes me faithful.

1 comment:

yayyitsjustin said...

i'm getting feedback that some people cannot comment on my blog. i have the settings set to where anyone should be able to. i will email the admin and see what i can do.