Saturday, May 31, 2008

UNEXPECTED

So today was really great. I found a house to rent! I slept in and took my time getting ready this afternoon... not knowing how productive it would come to be. One of the interns picked me up from my hotel and we went out to an early dinner at a place called Urban Flats. I had "The Black and Blue" Flat. It basically is just a huge piece of flat-bread with steak, mozzarella and blue cheeses, and tomatoes with basil--all lightly topped with a oil and vinegar dressing. Needless to say, it was fantastic. I also found out that on Monday, my first day at work, the whole staff is going out to lunch for some celebration all courtesy of Relevant. So that's cool... I don't think I can afford to eat out too much. I need to go shopping for groceries soon. Anyway, after dinner we drove over to Chris's house (another intern). We hung out there and I got to meet Chris and his house-mates. We ended up playing video games (Rock Band) and watched a movie (That Thing You Do). We didn't end up leaving until around 1AM. Also, with much excitement, I am glad to announce that it looks like I will be renting a room with Chris at the house he is staying at this summer. I will have laundry and a kitchen and everything so it works out really great. The rent is under my budget and the guys that live there seem to be a really neat group of people. So thumbs up for that-- I knew something would work out! As I previously wrote in my first entry, this is what makes me faithful. The unexpected. That's what accurately describes today. I woke up expecting to spend the day alone. I am going to bed knowing 20 new people. Faithful...

6 comments:

Jenna Lyndsay said...

Hey Justin, Sounds like you've already been blessed in the first day you've been there. That's awesome you found a place and already know people. I'm excited to hear about your internship. Sounds fantastic.

MLonginow said...

You the man. You the intern. You the California boy breathing in that humidity in South Florida. And this internship will be as strong as you make it. The people you work for are intent on doing excellent work. But they're not as hungry as you need to be about learning. Soak everything up. Ask why things are as they are. And don't take "they just are" for an answer. Question. Learn. Then question some more. And make sure they let you do stuff that will go into your portfolio as "Wow. Justin did THAT?"

Anonymous said...

Yeah Justin! Sounds like you're having a blast so far. I'm pumped you're doing this blog, because I definitely want to keep up with how my buddy from T-town is doing in my home state. I've heard that Urban Flats is good, but I've never been there. I would completely agree with the above comment that you should soak it up. Oh, also I hope you survive the humidity. Good luck, man I'm sure I'll be reading more and more of this awesomeness soon.

Your buddy,
M.G. aka Matt Groves

Anonymous said...

Baby turtle, nice blog, I have enjoyed reading how you are doing. I miss you bud and will be thinking about you. Give em' heck...

-love Tothy Roomy

Mitchell Allen Young said...

hey babe

your writing is as sexy as you are

looking forward to more.

lose the shirt next time.

your friend and mine,

mitchell

Mitchell Allen Young said...

ps - while you're in florida, look up my buddy jamie who works with to write love on her arms, will you?