Saturday, June 28, 2008

EXCITING WEEK IN O-TOWN

No... not the band unfortunately. (If you got that joke, then I pity you). Anyway, the past week at here has been pretty busy. I've been non-stop on In-Design creating the new media kits--although, I did manage to take some pictures yesterday of Philip in his office. Philip has been busy racking up revenue this past week. I've been helping out a little bit, but it's really all him. Relevant's future is looking really bright due to him. Not only are we getting new advertising clients, but we are also doing a lot of agency work with Relevant Solutions--a branch of Relevant Media Group that acts as an agency that gets contracted for design and marketing purposes. Anyway Philip is making things work in a lot of different ways and in a very healthy way when it comes to the future of Relevant. All in all, it was a very productive week. Not necessarily for me, but for Relevant in general. Besides work the past week, I haven't been up to a whole lot. Been working out and dieting. The workouts are tough and the dieting isn't too bad. I'm beginning to feel a little bit better about myself although I haven't really seen a drastic change. So that is going good. Last night a bunch of us were invited over to Jeremy's apartment. He is the art/design director here at Relevant. Anyway, he and his wife just got out of debt from school, etc. Pretty impressive. Anyway, we had a "green" party and everything was decorated in green to celebrate their accomplishment. Tonight Jesse (design intern), Chad (marketing intern), and I are going to a hardcore show at the House Of Blues. Demon Hunter and Oh, Sleeper are the two main bands and I'm pretty excited about it. The warped tour is coming to Orlando on July 10th and I might be able to get backstage pass through Relevant for that. (Finally.... some restitution!) Also this past week (on a completely different note) I watched probably the most beautiful movie I've ever seen. The title of it is "Once" and I won't say too much about it because I want you to watch it. It literally is the only movie that has almost brought me to tears and encouraged and motivated me all at the same time. On top of that, the cast was all no-names in the movie industry. The soundtrack became one of my favorite soundtracks ever and the songs have become my recent favourites. If you haven't seen this movie, I would greatly recommend it. It's directed by John Carney. Go out. Rent it. That's all from me out here in Orlando. Will post more this weekend... maybe a little more about the movie. I love you all and take care of yourselves.

No comments: